3.29.2016

Story about my vacation / blog 42

It was a chilly spring break in March; I went on a flight to China and spent my entire break with my family there. When I walked out of the airport in Shanghai in the dawn, I saw my dad and my aunt standing there waiting for me to come home. A warm stream flowed into my body when I got into the car. I saw the sun rising little by little bringing sunshine to the city. My family prepared a huge feast at night welcoming me for coming back from school, and I really appreciated that.
 
I spent most of the time with my family during the break, and a little with my friends because they are preparing for their IGCSE exams and I wanted them to have time to review for that. One day I went out with Joyce and Jerry to Gokurakuyu where is a place providing Japanese style hot springs and massage, and we spent a great time there. It didn't locate in the center of the city, but it needs only five minutes of walking from the subway station, which is very convenient for us to go. After we showered, we went to the dining hall there and ordered a lot of food. I ordered a soak cooked rice in tea with salmon, Jerry ordered udon with pork, Joyce ordered curry and rice with fried chicken, and we ordered a bibimbap just incase to make sure that everybody has enough to eat. The food there was pretty delicious and I really appreciated that.
 
We were done at ten o'clock on that night. Joyce lives near the hot spring so she went back home on her own, and Jerry and I live very close so we decided to go back together. Jerry was too tired playing in the hotspring, so he wanted to call a taxi because it drives him directly home, but I wanted to save some money so I suggested him to take the subway. My grandma told me to save money and use public transportation as much as I can if I need to go anywhere, but Jerry's family had taught him not to care about money, but instead to use it for making himself comfortable at first. We didn't agree with each other, so we decided not to talk to each other.
 
Fortunately I forced Jerry to compromise. He decided to walk to the subway station with me and save our money, but when we went downstairs through the staircase, we were informed that the last train had left just a minute ago. I was pretty upset because I couldn't save my money as what my grandma told me, but Jerry was happy because he needed to walk no more. We took the taxi and went back home and Jerry paid for it, which made both of us very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment