5.22.2016

Theater Review / blog 59

Lillian Xu
English II
Ms. Guarino
May 22nd, 2016
Theater Review
                This Friday me and my friends went to the spring drama “Comedy Tonight”. I really enjoyed the play while watching, because the light effects and the settings of each scenes were set perfectly fitting. In this drama performance, every scene is a completely different and individual story, and I have noticed that many people were playing multiple roles in these scenes. In every different scene, people needed to change their clothing, their make up, their hair styles, and even their gender. I really like the gender changing of actors, because we don’t usually see these boys wearing like that in real life, and it really made the audiences laugh. In my opinion, boys playing female characters and wearing female costumes and wigs is not an embarrassing thing to do, because it shows how good you are acting when you are in a role that is completely different from yourself. We should all give great applauses to those courageous boys. And for the girls playing male roles, we should all give them applauses too because it is hard for pretty girls to draw beards in front of this many people, and we should also clap for them.

               I like the part where William was acting as Britney Spears singing in the middle and other girls were dancing beside him, because I am a fan of Britney (and he acted really well). I think one of the best scenes is “John Jiang, the Latte Boy”, because he was singing so good in that scene, and I can easily understand every single line in his part. I can tell that he had spent a long time memorizing these and practicing, because his singing was so perfect. I like the “Popular” scene too, because it makes the audiences really high to see a boy putting on make ups and suddenly transfer into another gender. Lexi did a really good job singing there, because she had to sing and put make ups on William’s face at the same time, which makes it so much harder to do. I like “Morning Meeting Gone Wrong” the best, because People acted just like those teachers behave in real life. The actors spent so much effort on their ways of talking, appearances, facial expressions and their body languages. The actors acting Ms. Minahan, Mr. Dykeman and Ms. Anderson were exactly the same as the real characters. They talked in the ways that the teachers talk in real life, and they were even wearing the same clothing and putting on wigs. I really appreciate the entire show, because everyone was playing outstandingly and fabulously. They made me laugh so hard and applause so hard.

1 comment: